Sunday, October 2, 2011

Take Home Test= Fall Wreath

This weekend I have a take home test to do that is due Wednesday.  I didn't want to spend the entire weekend working because well, there's no way that would be productive so I decided this was the weekend to make a fall wreath.  I brought sunflowers, chrysanthemums, and fall leaves a few weeks ago but had never bought a wreath to put it on so yesterday when I got half way through my test I went to Joann's to get the wreath! CJ was very confused as to what I had brought home.


I still needed to work a little before I was ready to stop for the night and work on the wreath so CJ helped me study a little.


For the wreath, I took a grapevine wreath and just stuck the flowers and leaves down in the vine.  For the most part it felt like the stems intertwined with the vines would hold them in place but to make sure I glued some of them in place and used wire on other stems to make sure they won't fall out of the wreath. I added a bow in with the flowers because I thought the middle of my flower arrangement need a little more orange since it ended up mostly yellow. Here's a close up of the finish product. 


Making the wreath was pretty easy but hanging it was a little bit more difficult.  I wanted to make sure that the wreath didn't cover up the apartment number on the door but the problem is that a normal door wreath hanger would put the wreath over the apartment number.  So, I decided to use ribbon the hang the wreath.  I tied ribbon around the top of the wreath and then put the ribbon over the door and tied it to a hook on the inside of the door. It's working pretty well so far, hopefully it stays tied! Here's a picture of the final product!


Now I really want pumpkins but I'm trying to hold off until we can find a good pumpkin patch and maybe even a corn maze to go to!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment